12.02.2008

A Precious Gift

home_sweet_home.jpg

Home Sweet Home  by Walter Dendy


Last Christmas Kip and I received one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received from "Jo Mama", otherwise known as Kip's Mom.   Her mother, whose name was Florence, had a beautiful book about Christmas time that included beautiful art work, thoughts, essays, pieces of great literature, poetry, letters, and old carols from the likes of Dylan Thomas, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, G.K. Chesterton, Virginia Woolf, Etc.   


They all reflect thoughts and attitudes about Christmas and have a very classic feel.  (As you can see from the painting above.)  The book was also accompanied by a small framed painting that matches the front over of the book.  

Happy-Christmas-Johansen-L.jpg

I told Kip he was the little boy bending over, and I must be the one to his right, because I always had short cropped hair as a younger girl.  Thanks to Lorien, myself, and Mr. Scissors.)


I LOVE this book, and adore the artwork.  Kip and I started reading the first passage last night, on the first of December, and will continue to read the entire book during the month of December, until Christmas and I will probably feature it on my blog a few more times.  


Thank You,  "Jo Mama", for the wonderful gift.


Merry Christmas!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you enjoy them as I have. Grandma would be proud to have shared them. Jo Mamma

PS. How did you ever get Kip to sit down to read them? I've tried for years!

LHall said...

Hey Any Girl - It's time for another post!!