2.15.2009

X marks the Haunt


Kip and I were called as primary teachers a month or so ago.  Since then I have been put into the Young Women program as well, and so Kip goes to sharing time with the class alone most weeks.  Today we were driving down the road and he told me of a little seven year old who all during sharing time was walking around with a green crayon.  

What was he doing?  He was marking "X" on all the chairs.  Kip was amused and as the little boy worked his way up the row, especially when he caught Kip's eye and said in a solemn, erie manner, "Look at your chair."
"Why?"
"Stand up and if it has a green x on it you will be haunted.  I marked all the chairs and for every chair that I mark they will be haunted by a ghost!  I've marked thirty of them already."  

I can imagine Kip now trying not laugh, and he said that by the time the boy had moved on to the row behind him the green crayon was confiscated.  When sharing time was all over he noticed someone had given the boy a rag and a spray bottle, leaving him to "de-haunt" all thirty of those chairs.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh. Good job to whoever gave the little one a squirt bottle and a rag. Some lessons are hard-L-earned. :)