2.23.2009

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

a-tree-grows-in-brooklyn.jpg


In fifth grade I checked A Tree Grows In Brooklyn out of the library.  I don't think I got very far, and for some unexplainable reason have never read it since.  Luckily I had a 40% off coupon to boarders and the book I was intending to get was sold out.  I called my older sister, a font of useful knowledge and good conversation, for "what books do I have on my To Read list" advice.  As we talked about possibilities I came face to face with Betty Smith's classic. 

"Oh, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn!"  I say. 
"Yes, get it!" She says. 

She had been telling me less then a week before that it was one of her favorite books and I should read it!  It was a sign.  I purchased it happily and now anticipate soaking up a great, never-been-read book just in time for spring to begin making an appearance.  

The anticipation of a good book...

1 comment:

LHall said...

I like your new blog decor. It's nice.