4.21.2009

Day One


We land just after dawn in New York


Both of us were very tired, because we didn't sleep, just stayed up all night watching a movie.  Okay, I think I got about twenty minutes.  We were on the plane with the Murry High School Band...you can imagine the noise. 


We took the air train and subway into the city, dropped our luggage off at the hotel, and wandered around for a few hours until we could check in.  We walked from 48th down to 42 (Kip's first time at Grand Central) and headed back up 5th to one of the many Starbucks.   After a cup of hot chocolate we ambled around central park.  




This was the view from our hotel room.  19th floor.  

We took a nap (oh so tired!) and then headed down the street to Ray's Pizza for lunch. 


After lunch we wandered around the streets around the hotel (5th, Park, Lexington, & all the side streets in between. ) and ended up in central park again.  I had always wanted to find the castle, and never did while I was living there, so we found it! 




On the Bow bridge.



It was a beautiful afternoon.  We did a lot of walking and siting, walking and sitting. 

After stopping by the hotel room quickly, and falling asleep for an hour, we got up, headed down to broadway and ate at Stardust (a 50's diner where aspiring actors sing and dance) which was fun.  Afterward we walked on home and hit the sack.  

Stay tuned for Day Two...dun dun dun! 

6 comments:

LHall said...

Looks like a great day one! Glad you two could relax and enjoy

LHall said...

I don't know why this is always showing up as Sally. Actually the post was from Rugger!! Maybe it's the idea of becoming one -

Jarred and Rachelle said...

Wow!! I didn't know you guys went to NY. I am so glad you got to do that. How fun:) I bet it was awesome in the spring...

Ro Ro Riot said...

Dang. I wish I could've met you guys up there. Looks glorious.

Anonymous said...

It looks soooo beautiful there. And, you know I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! If only you could have ventured a little to the west . . .